Every day is a gift from God, and we must thank him for it. We need to thank god for all that we have. We need to thank God for what He has done for us. Yeah, that’s what we have been taught since childhood….in schools and at home.
And today, I’d like to Thank God from the bottom of my heart…for I have a grown up child.
I know, 7 years is not at all, all that grown up, but he is certainly not an infant or a toddler or a child in the category of Terrible Twos or Whiny Threes. (or Horrible Threes or Threatening Threes!!)
I would like to Thank God, for my child is at an age where he is relatively easy to handle and discipline. He is at an age, where he can understand the pros and cons of most of the things, hence is not much of a pain most of the times.
I have been seeing so many kids around….
- My youngest sis has a 5 month old baby and though our Nick is an angel, but all my sis does whole day long is feed him and taking care of susu-potty. I seem to have forgotten my days of dealing with the nappies but seeing her doing this every hour or may be less, really made me Thank God.
- A friend has a 2 year old daughter. The other day, I saw her wearing a tee, which had “Drama Queen” printed on it. And I must say that is very apt for her! Tantrums
at the drop of a hat, when the hat is just in mid-air is a every minute story. I know, throwing tantrums is a natural part of their development. BUT I’d like to Thank God, that I am out of it!
- My younger sis has a 3 year old child (I have just 2 siblings…felt the need to clarify, just in case you thought, I’d go on with my list!!). And my sis, is at her wits end, coz the kid is at her whining best. No amount of reasoning, calm and patient talks, works with her. (It takes a lot of effort and patience on parent’s part to do that!) Of course, it's a phase the 3 year olds go through. And my sis can’t wait for her child to be into the next level of “Fortunate Fours”! But Thank God I have crossed this milestone!
While, I am at Thanking God, I’d like to make a small prayer too, for all the parents of young kids…
“God, we give you thanks for having given us children. They are our joy, and we accept with serenity the worries, fears, and labors which bring us pain.
Help us to love them sincerely. Through us you gave life to them; from eternity you knew them and loved them. Give us the wisdom to guide them, patience to teach them, vigilance to accustom them to the good through our example. Amen”
- I am not an expert on parenting.
- I am not a Hitler Parent.
- My child is not an epitome of all goodness.
- I do not hate children.